Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Road Trip....



This morning I hit the road early to get to an appointment for an interview in Tiffin.  I took to the road for a beautiful drive that I thoroughly enjoyed.   Soaking up the color and sunshine, I drove along with the radio and Kansas providing the background music for my day.........

I close my eyes only for a moment and the moment's gone  All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity
Dust in the wind... All they are is dust in the wind
.......


   Farmland zipped past my car windows.....row after row of  corn stalks standing guard like dried sentinals surrounding an old, red brick farmhouse.....

 Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind, All we are is dust in the wind




  
  The sun glints off the shiny silver cap of a silo....and out of the glare a hawk swoops down to grab something, then zoom back up into the sky as if shot from a cannon........

Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, all your money won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind, All we are is dust in the wind 


  A white gridwork of contrails criss crosses an amazingly blue sky, and the dazzling sun is cool for all it's brilliance......

Dust in the wind (Everything is dust in the wind) Everything is dust in the wind (In the wind)

 The trees are a combination of explosive color and skeletal fingers as I drive and listen to the music.  Just as everything else, this will be gone soon; the landscape patiently waits to be snugly tucked in, under a comforter of snow for the winter.  If I could add another verse to the song as it ends it would be:   Live in the moment.....live in the moment......

All we are is dust in the wind.......

                                                               As brief as it is,  life is good.





No comments:

Post a Comment