Friday, September 16, 2011

Sleep....not so much.

It seems that I will be running on three or four hours sleep again today.....something that happens all too often.   I don't know why I can't sleep.  I don't wake from  nightmares or worry myself into insomnia.   I actually enjoy it for the most part.  For instance, I woke about two thirty this morning after going to bed about ten p.m.  I was thinking...perhaps I'd been dreaming....about holiday table decorations.  Hmmmm.....should it be copper or silver??   Shall I use the life-like pheasant and the feather balls, or just use some sparkly balls from the Christmas decorations box?  And....how can I arrange this so it doesn't interfere with actually eating at that pretty table?

Frivolous?   Probably.   Enjoyable?  Definately.  Decorating for the holidays is something I always enjoy, and setting a pretty table is one of the best parts.  In a paper napkin, plastic cutlery world I am, at times, a throwback.  Not all the time, but sometimes, I like to make the meal about the presentation and not just the ingredients.  A meal can be a party for all the senses, and a gift to those for whom you've prepared the spread. 

So, as I snuggle in the big warm bed, my husband sleeping beside me and my little Molly snuggled close to my heart.....and I plan meals and table settings and little treats for family and friends who will hopefully be here during the holiday season ahead.  As I make my plans in the darkness I send up a little prayer of thanks for my life that is so full I need a few hours of insomnia to enjoy it all.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment